- Emerged as a unique & a successful Autonomous Institute of Entrepreneurship and Career Development within Bharathidasan University.
- The Institution is able to function systematically and effectively without any permanent staff except one non-teaching staff.
- Institute has trained 17,524 persons mostly belonging to weaker sections of the society on Entrepreneurship Development and whereby shaped 64 trainees as young Entrepreneurs in
- IECD has received through university an amount of Rs. 14 lakhs from the UGC, New Delhi for conducting certificate / Diploma /Advanced Diploma in E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship and Career Development during XI Plan period. Presently 85 UG Students of affiliated colleges are undergoing the courses.
- IECD has empanelled by the Ministry of Micro and Small Enterprises, Government of India under Rajiv Gandhi Udyami Mitra Yojana Scheme for imparting training and playing a lead role for the Socio- Economic Development of youth in general and un-employed youth in particular for making them as entrepreneurs with the financial support of the Government of India, New Delhi.
- Institute works have been appreciated by the UGCs Visiting Team and IQAC Team.
- Thiru.K.Subburaj, Chairman cum Executive Director, Chitar Vessels Pvt. Ltd., has agreed in Principal in giving grant-in-aid of Rs.2.5 crore at an average of Rs. 25 lakshs per annum for 10 years continuously for training and making the youth skilled in service sector and also making them as entrepreneurs.
- Functioning as a self-supported and being a source of resource generation institute for the Bharathidasan University through offering of Career Development Programmes.
- The Institute has made tie-ups with more than 20 Industries/ Institutions for offering number of job-oriented Short-Term / Certificate / Diploma programmes by way of signing MoUs with them.
- As an institution, it has conducted skill based programmes leading to university certification for 1,54,030 persons and majority of them are SC/ST and MBC community.
- The institute has extended its operational area not only from entire Tamil Nadu State over a period of time but also to some extent in Karnataka ad Andhra Pradesh & Puducherry, presently 38,538 trainees are benefiting from the IECD's Programmes.
- Institution has extended its expertise to TNCHE, Government of Tamil Nadu for taking up skill based electives to UG students, by way of developing 41 skill based courses based on its experience and expertise.
Generating Employment Opportunities
IECD conducted a series of Campus Interviews with MNCs like WIPRO, Info Sys, ABN AMBRO, CTS, TCS, MAERSK Global Service Centre, Polaris Management Services Pvt. Ltd., Sutherland Global Services, HCL, E-InfoTech, ICICI, Sharp Info, ALLSEC, AJUBA, CAPART, Shriram Value Services, Club Mahindra, Eureka Fobes, Airtel, Kodak Securities, E-serve etc., and created job opportunities to 2339 student youth. Through On-Campus Programmes Provided Employment opportunities to 3307 the Student and Non- Student Youth. Through collaborative programmes the IECD in collaboration with its tie-up Institutions provided employment to 4178 Students and Unemployed Youth. By offering different programmes the IECD in all generated employment opportunities to over 20,000 candidates and most of them are from rural areas. Out of which, 150 differently abled trainees obtained employment opportunities.